My aim as your teacher is to give you a thorough understanding of the basics.
First lessons will address:
- String names and numbers.
- Correct fretting technique / plectrum control / finger picking.
- Reading TAB and traditional rhythm notation.
- Identify your preferences with a view to tackling the music you like.
- First single note melodies and first chords.
- General musicianship such as time keeping.
Beyond this you will deepen your understanding of chords, scales, improvisation and expression.
It’s my aim to make you as self-sufficient as possible.
I can also provide ABRSM Music Medals and Rock School qualifications.